UNI-VERSE RETREAT FESTIVAL
A human being is part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest.
A kind of optical delusion of consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
The true value of a human being is determined by the measure and the sense in which they have obtained liberation from the self. We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if humanity is to survive.
(Albert Einstein, 1954)
"A verse is a section of a song that's often followed by a chorus. The verse is the main part of a song. When two or more sections of the song have basically identical music and different lyrics, each section is considered one verse".
If we take a moment to observe Nature we will find out that everything co-exists and
collaborates in a common environment and every being has its own sound and vibration.
It is only with us, humans that we have forgotten how to co-exist while being able to generate our own unique sound/melody or verse!
The way Music is able to create harmony and connection between people is where we draw our inspiration from and this is the message we bring at this gathering.
Welcome to four days of immersion in the world of The Music Medicine where all experiences, activities and people represent an aesthetic and practical aspect of the project and its values. An immersion in Music, Singing, Dancing, Art, Breathing, Meditation, Healing Practices, Talks and Workshops with the intention to take you into a journey of self-discovery and self-expression.
Our intention is to open space and to create the journey together with our instructors, artists, musicians and participants, to build a feeling of comm-unity and to remember oneness and that we are all parts of the same a UNI-VERSE, one united piece of Music!
We want you to experience liberation, a sense of freedom and opening up to your creative and musical potential. For this reason, we have prepared a program that includes a vast variety of artistic and musical activities!
THERE WILL BE
* All activities will be bilingual (Turkish and English) as much as possible so everybody at
anytime feels comfortable and abe to participate.
THE SONG (PROGRAM)
THE PLACE (BADEM HAN)
Badem Han is a guest house in a very special piece of land, located in the North of Turkey, in the region of Tekirdag/Edirne, 1 hour from the borders of Greece & Bulgaria and 1 hour from Edirne, the center of Music Therapy since the times of Ottoman Empire! Nature,
Sea View (located 10 minutes by car), Clean Air, Fresh Spring Water, Silence, Organic Food, Peace and a sense of Home are the main ingredients that consist of Badem Han.
* The only option of accommodation if with your own tent.
We will provide you your space when you arrive at Badem Han.
* This is a residential retreat/festival experience and our guests/performers and participants will need to stay at Badem Han in the rooms or tents during the whole event.
* Toilets and Shower places are common so please respect your environment and leave it in the best condition for the next person to come.
* Check-in is from 12:00 - 19:00 on 31/08/19 and check-out is at 12:30 on 01/09/19.
* Please email all accommodation & food-related questions to:
* All meals 100% Vegetarian.
* First meal is dinner on 29/8 and last meal is brunch on 01/09.
* Not possible to buy individual meals.
* There will be a free juice bar serving fine coffees & teas, fresh juices, smoothies and light snacks throughout the day.
HOW TO COME TO US
* 3hrs from Istanbul City Center following the European route E84 and then the E87 route to Kesan.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
* 5hrs from Istanbul to Kesan taking the Minibus from Hadimkoy Metrobüs station
to Kesan Otogar and from Kesan Otogar another Minibus to KÖY GARAJ.
* To reach Hadimkoy Metrobüs Station you take any Metrobüs with destination to Beylikdüzü.
Hadimkoy is one stop before the terminal station.
* Kesan Minibus company contact: